When it comes to inexpensive advertising, studies have shown that plastic yard signs achieve a very high return on investment and as a temporary advertising solution, they perform well above their expectations.
They’re very inexpensive. Depending on the nature of your business and the type of products or services you offer, just 1 or 2 lawn signs can generate a return on your investment that pays for the entire set of signs you’ve purchased and generate a lot of business.
Lawn signs are great for advertising in the following situations:
- promoting events
- elections and for people running for office
- bringing awareness to a product sale
- bringing awareness to new products or services
- declaring a grand opening
- advertising a services
- real estate and property selling
- local and community messages (i.e. concert, fairs, festivals)
- as direction signs for events
- rental property openings
- non-profit or charity promoting
They can be used for virtually all types of marketing, advertising and for awareness purposes where you wish to generate hundreds of leads without having to dip too deep into your pockets to pay for an advertising campaign.
Where to get lawn signs made?
If you’re looking for where to get a set of custom lawn signs made, first select lawn signs and then have them custom made according to your particular message. Sign printing companies can usually have your signs printed in less than a week.
Businesses That See High Returns On Their Investment
Not all businesses will benefit equally when choosing lawn signage as an advertising solution, but only you fully understand the nature of your campaign and will have to decide for yourself.
The following are some of the industries or events that generally benefit quite well from using lawn signs:
- People running in elections: using lawn signs for upcoming elections or political purposes has been proven to be perfect at getting a message across. Potential supporters will see your face or your message on a daily basis and it will increase the likelihood that you’ll stick in their minds when it comes to voting on election day. It also gives them an awareness that you’re running for office which enables them to research your policies. An election sign on a neighbours front lawn becomes a trusted endorsement and gives you the credibility that is more expensive to maintain through other marketing efforts. They’ll remember your name, your party affiliation and the message of your campaign.
- Contractors and builders: paving companies, construction firms, pest control companies, painters, landscapers or any other type of business that provides home services will greatly benefit from lawn sign advertising, and are just as great as word-of-mouth advertising because they confirm to potential customers that you’re capable of doing the work you provide. Every day your sign is on your customer’s front lawn is another day your services have been endorsed.
- Local business grand openings: it doesn’t matter what kind of brick-and-mortar business you’ve started – you are bound to generate hundreds, if not thousands of new leads and new customers to your grand opening event if you advertise with yard signs. Potential customers that are looking for new products or services to explore will be bound to see your signs every day and will remind them to add a visit to your store into their calendar.
- Product sales and discounts: who doesn’t love a sale? If customers already recognize your brand and you use lawn signs to advertise your upcoming sales events, you’ll easily attract them to your store which will produce a burst of new sales. The return on investment for sales by using lawn signs for sales and discounts is exponential compared to conventional advertising streams like news papers and ads. This is especially true considering people will see your message every day – sometimes 2 or three times a day too.
- non-profit and charity organizations: because plastic lawn signs are quite inexpensive, not-for-profit agencies see amazing returns on their advertising investment compared to conventional advertising avenues. Plus, you’ll find that people are much more inclined to place and keep a lawn sign on their property free of charge if they know they’ll be helping a local charity. Some local charities see their signs on lawns months or years after they were first placed.
The Best Areas to Place Lawn Signs
Lawn signs can be placed almost anywhere but there are specific areas where they’re most effective at catching people’s eyes.
The are as follows:
- on the front lawns of homes: front lawn advertising are very strong endorsements.
- along highway off-ramps: especially if your store/shop is close by.
- along stretches of grass: placing several signs across stretches of grass makes you message stand out.
- at job sites: placing a lawn sign at your job site tells passers-by what you’re working on and how to get in touch with you
As long as their is ground or dirt that your sign can be installed into—and if you have permission where required—your sign will do the advertising work for you. They’ll generate business more than 99% of the short-term advertising strategies out there.
Get Your Message Across
Speak with your local lawn sign producer and they’ll work out a design that’s in line with your message—that stands out and catches the eyes of passers-by on a daily basis. It’s easy to take advantage of the huge benefits of lawn signs that provide constant exposure to your viewers.